Painting a sign to mark 17 years in business!
My gorgeous boy painting a sign for me, to mark Parsley Pie Art Club in Hale being a whopper 17 years old in 2018
Parsley Pie Art Club was established in 2001.
If I do say it myself, a genius light bulb moment for me! At the time I was a professional artist and dancer! I had no degree, no real experience of working with children and no professional or formal business training.
I just had vision! Plus a bundle load of grit, passion & a pure a love of creativity & freedom of expression.
Some kids come for couple of years, some for 5 or 6 years & some even for more than a decade I can’t think of anything else I’d rather do to earn my living It makes me happy, it makes the kids happy!
Parsley Pie is the BEST!!!!!
THE PARSLEY PIE MISSION IS ~
1. To provide a positive, non judgemental, non competitive safe environment where children can laugh learn & make new friends
2. To give children a happy messy place where they are treated as individuals within a small friendly groups! Where they have the time to ponder, problem solve & tap into their imaginations!
3. To give children the opportunity for total freedom of expression! No curriculum. No pressure. No grades. No deadlines. NO judgement.
4. To provide a huge range of activities, materials & projects so children can explore, experiment, create & use THEIR OWN ideas!
5. To ensure children receive expert help, support & guidance but without being dictated to, or having someone breathing down their necks! To make certain that the children who come to Parsley Pie feel happy, inspired, positive, proud & able to achieve!
The same mission as when i started all those years ago & it will never ever change!
FREEDOM OF CHOICE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION Yay!!!
Kids need time to ponder, relax & tap into their own thoughts & imaginations Creativity is healing, confidence boosting & makes kids feel good about themselves! So precious & valuable! No grading needed, no curriculum needed. All the positive benefits, that’s enough!
Thanks for reading & watching!
Let your creativity run wild, always! Jenny x